SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Humility- Andrew Murray

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
BrianPaul

Moorpark, CA

Humility- Andrew Murray

I was wondering if anyone here has read this book - Humility by Andrew Murray. I have over the past couple months had a personal revival, and have seen how easily, in my pursuit of God and holiness, that this can lead to spiritual pride(or rather un-spiritual pride). I stumbled across this book which was in the best section of the Christian book store(Classics section) and was curious if anyone has read this book and can maybe share what they learned from it, or even just some thoughts to encourage me on how to be humble. I see that this is going to have to be so much of a foundation in my pursuit of God.

2007/12/25 1:10Profile
frazier72

Re: Humility- Andrew Murray

This book is one of my favorite books I have in my collection. I have read it 3 different times, and I am about to read it again. I have loaned it out to many people, just because the focus of the book is critical to Christians. HE MUST INCREASE AND I MUST DECREASE. To die to self, Murray has such a way of teaching about the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Col 2:6 says, As you therefore have recieved Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him. This is a vital aspect of the True Christian life you seldom here preached. When Christ saves us, we are broken, humbled, and contrite of spirit before the Lord, not proud, self serving, arrogant.
Some people take this as walking around in a shell, but that is so far from the truth. It's all about conforming to the image of Christ, who encompassed all those things. The blessing of the Beattitudes are true blessings of Christ, but not in the Worlds eyes.

There are to many qoutes in this book to list, but one of my favorites is " Christ is the humilty of God, embodied in human nature." What a statement.

If you like this book of Murray's try Absolute Surrender, Life of Obedience and Covenants and Blessings, food for the soul.

Merry Christmas and God Bless.

2007/12/25 8:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy